How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 116166
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is my registration on my 2005 honda civic it

Customer Question

My question is my registration on my 2005 honda civic it says I need to get a smog done on it but I moved about a year ago to Valley Springs Ca. and they dont require a smog when you have to renew your registration so I`m not sure what I should do when I go there do I get a smog are not?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You must get a SMOG done, it is state law, it has nothing to do with Valley Springs laws. So you need to bring your car in, since registration is a state registration from DMV, and get the SMOG done to comply with the law.