Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I received a STC Violation statute number 14-298 in CT. My

Customer Question

I received a STC Violation statute number 14-298 in CT. My question pertains to whether or not the CT DMV will see this violation as a Moving Violation, in which case I would have my license suspended for one month as the result of being on a 36 month probationary period.
JA: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: CT
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No. There's no speed on the ticket and the cop asked that I drive slower although I wasn't going more than 5 mph over the speed limit
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

JA: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

Response: Regrettably, STC violation is a moving violation.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.