LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years experience in the practice of law, including representation of clients in Traffic Court.
15277592

I am a motorcyclist that was written a civil infraction for

Customer Question

I am a motorcyclist that was written a civil infraction for "Improper median crossing on divided highway"; Offense code 8135 (State of Michigan).
Debris from the highway hit my face and entered my eyes, so I pulled over at the closest, safest opportunity for me to clear my eyes and continue on riding down eastbound M-14. This was the median at this area of the highway because there was not safe and sufficient room on the right shoulder of the highway for myself and my motorcycle passenger- which was also 3 lanes over from where I was riding when the debris struck my face.
1- I do not want to accumulate points for this ticket on my record
2- I do not think that I've justifiably violated a law
Is my situation worthy of contesting at the 14A district court?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon Eric,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I ride myself and I have represented a number of other motorcycle riders in traffic court.

The fact that an emergency situation occurred in which it was necessitated for you to immediately pull over, and the nearest, safest place you found to be the median of the highway, this is an excellent defense to the citation that you received. You certainly appear to have a meritorious defense to the citation based on the nature of the emergent situation, and necessity, and it is my belief that you have a very good chance to avoid conviction of this offense if you plead not guilty to the citation and ask for a trial in the matter.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

If I have already provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with this afternoon?

Doug