Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

I had a lapse in insurance due to credit card auto pay that

Customer Question

I had a lapse in insurance due to credit card auto pay that did not process. I didnt even think of a issue, due to auto pay. Received a letter to turn in plates for a 30 day suspension in registration to match days not insured. Was not given the option of a fine to avoid loss of plates. Is there anything a lawyer can due to overturn, If Im willing to pay a fine ? Thanks, Michael
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: NY, Aril 2016. I have all my insurance re instated and new credit card to avoid this problem again.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Have a clean driving record. No tickets in the past 10 years
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Was your insurance lapsed for LESS than 90 days?