Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

Last year I got into an accident with a rental car that my

Customer Question

Hello, last year I got into an accident with a rental car that my job provided. They paid for the car and the insurance. The guy wasn't hurt at all and he was on a motorcycle. No damage whatsoever but now he's suing me. Will my rental car insurance take care of this or he's he suing me ? Because I don't have insurance.
Please help
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

It depends on what kind of insurance you had on the rental car. They should or, if you were on the job, your company's insurance should cover it.

Do you know what kind of insurance you had on the rental car?

Also, did you use a credit card to rent it? If so, many of the credit card companies provide insurance automatically when you rent a car.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well my job has a company that's called fleet management that provides this cars. I didn't use anything of my own. And there's insurance on the car when I asked the company that provides the cars. But my questions is why is he suing me and should I get a lawyer or does my insurance hire a lawyer for me ?

He is suing you because you're the driver.

The company should provide you with a lawyer because they are going to be included in the lawsuit at some point and the same lawyer can represent you both. EVen if they don't provide one , whichever insurance covers it will provide a lawyer.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.