Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.

I lost my insurance civil penalty form. How can i get

Customer Question

Hi, I lost my insurance civil penalty form. How can i get another one? I'm trying to pay it online but i dont have the document number
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: NY
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: My insurance was lapse for 5 days
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Try calling the DMV to see if they can send you another copy of the civil penalty form. They might be willing to just give you the document number, or they could mail you a copy of your letter. Another option is to go down to an office and ask them to look it up so you can pay. But it's a good idea to call first, just in case there's an issue (like the computers are down).

Did you have any other questions about this?