SoloLawyer
SoloLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  I help clients deal with traffic tickets on a weekly basis.
18210975

IF I HAVE AN ACCIDENT WITH MY CAR, THERE WERE NO OTHER CARS

Customer Question

IF I HAVE AN ACCIDENT WITH MY CAR, THERE WERE NO OTHER CARS INVOLVED, AND MY DRIVERS LICENSE WAS SUSPENDED AT THE TIME OF THE ACCIDENT, CAN MY INSURANCE COMPANY NOT PAY OR COVER THE ACCIDENT EXPENSES?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  SoloLawyer replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today. By continuing, you agree that this conversation shall not be considered legal advice and that you understand I can only comment on the law in general and not give advice on your particular situation.

The answer to that question depends on your coverage. Is there an exclusion to coverage when you're driving without a valid license? Have they attempted to not pay and if so, based on what contract language?

Thanks,

Michael

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I HAVE NO IDEA IF THERE IS AN EXCLUSION ON THE POLICY..
A.S.

I would need that information before answering your question.

Thanks,

Michael

If there is an exclusion, then yes, they could refuse to pay. If there isn't an exclusion, no, they can't. It all comes down to the contract itself.

I hope this helps.

If you valued my time, please consider rating me positively at the top of the page. Experts don't get credit for our answers until you do. If you have further questions, please continue to ask them until you're completely satisfied.

DISCLAIMER: This is not legal advice and I am not your lawyer. My questions are based on my knowledge of the jurisdiction where I am admitted to practice, my experience on this site over several years, and research on the relevant laws and statutes for your jurisdiction, if any. My information is not advice and you should always speak to local counsel before you act.