CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

Got a ticket in a 65mph zone going 90 speed up too change

Customer Question

Got a ticket for speeding in a 65mph zone going 90 speed up too change lanes chp officer gave me a ticket
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california
JA: Huh?
Customer: im in california
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: didn't think I needed too?
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: and it just happened today
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 9 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am sorry to learn that you received a citation. Unfortunately, speeding up to pass a vehicle is not a legitimate defense to a speeding citation.

The California Courts have a very helpful self-help site to assist you in dealing with your citation (including how to pay it if you decide not to fight it, and how to fight it if you decide you wish to contest it (CA offers both trials in court and trials by written declaration). The website also offers information on traffic school so that you can have the citation erased from your record for insurance purposes (if this is your first citation in the last 18 months).

http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-traffic.htm

This guide here gives you an idea of some of the more common defenses available to motorists that are cited with speeding tickets: https://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/how-to-fight-a-speeding-ticket-in-california-when-they-get-you-on-radar

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks i will go too traffic school

You are welcome, and I do wish you the best with this matter.

Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service (the series of 5 stars next to the chat window) so that I can receive credit for assisting you.

If you would like to direct future questions to me specifically, you can do so by starting your new question with "For William B. Esq." and a moderator will notify me.

Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.

Bill