Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Khaled Issa
90630425

I didn't know my PA license was suspended, and I just drove

Customer Question

I didn't know my PA license was suspended, and I just drove up to Cape Cod for my vacation. Got stopped by police officer, now I will he receiving a MA citation for driving while suspended. I got my requirements letter from PA. I can fulfill the requirements via overnight mail, but the problem is they say processing takes 3-4 weeks but I have to get back home in a week.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was suspended for not paying returned check fee. So I plan to send in the $59. by overnight mail on Monday. Then restoration fee is $70., and I also have to send them my drivers license. I can do all that, but... How do I get restored quickly so I can get back home?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Traffic Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 8 months ago.

Good morning:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question.

In cases like these, there is nothing you can do other than to await the licensing state to fix or remove the suspension. As you can imagine, there isn't much anyone can do to speed up government bureaucracy. What this means is that you will have to appear on the ticket in MA.

However, if you cannot personally appear for Court in MA on the given date, you may be able to hire an attorney to appear on your behalf who can address the ticket without you being there. Because every jurisdiction and every Court is different, however, it would be wise to give a phone call to a local MA attorney to discuss this possibility (traffic attorneys usually offer a free phone consultation so it would not hurt in making a quick call to determine if they are willing to proceed in this fashion).

Any questions based on this?

Please remember to click ACCEPT if you have no other questions as agreed upon by the Terms of Service.