Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.
26798026

When one admits guilt on a traffic offense,(speeding) as

Customer Question

When one admits guilt on a traffic offense,(speeding) as charged and request charge be disposed of and penalty and or fines imposed; what does "disposed of" mean? Will there be no record sent to my home state?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Disposed of just means that the case is ended and there are no further proceedings. The judge doesn't report the conviction to your home state, that's done by the DMV. It will still be reported if you' were stopped in one of the majority of states or provinces that reports tickets to other states. I can check if you're not sure.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.