Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Received a Traffic ticket . there is no information in the

Customer Question

hi received a Traffic ticket for 1110a. there is no information in the court appearance section. is that grounds for dismisssel
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NYC
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: there is no printed name of complainant only signiture that you can read. radar operated name says English
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

No, the failure to list a court date or info doesn't render the ticket void or make it to where it can be dismissed. The ticket itself can be amended all the way through trial, but usually the DA will file a different document, usually an "information", that is the actual charge.

You can object that the ticket fails to property apprise you of the charges against you and the date of the hearing, but the court will likely send you a notice and if the DA asks the court will allow them to amend it and make it more specific.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What about there is only a scribble signature of PO no print. And what is Radar operate name (print) he wrote ENGLISH

The fact that the signature is illegible doesn't make a difference but if I saw that I would think that the last name of the person who operated the radar was English (as in John English).

Thank you very much for allowing me to assist you. While the answers I give can't always be "good news", since the law can't always be favorable to everyone, I do strive to be as accurate as possible and to answer any follow up questions to the best of my ability.

You may receive a survey of some kind in the next day or so regarding your experience here at JustAnswer. Please be advised that I am responsible for the content of my answers but not with the issues of website performance or anything other than the answer. I hope that you will consider issuing a Positive Rating regarding my service to you so that I can continue helping others.

If I can ever provide assistance to you in the future please feel free to ask for me by starting your new question with "FOR DWAYNE B ONLY" and I will pick up as soon as I see the question.