Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Speeding ticket. going 35-39 mph over the speed limit. : nj

Customer Question

speeding ticket. going 35-39 mph over the speed limit.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: nj
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: violation 39
JA: Is there anything else the Traffic Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: violation 39:4-98. $200 fine plus court costs and 5 points...that is biggest concern because car insurance will go up, neber had speeding ticket before
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how does my son go to court anf try to have ticket down graded so it isnt 5 points?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
does your not having any prior speeding tickets help although he has had parking tickets

The best hing he can do, other than hiring a lawyer, is to go to court and ask the prosecutor is he can get:

1) a pretrial diversion

2) a deferred adjudication, or

3) traffic school which he can take online.

Any of these will result in a dismissal of the ticket after he pays a fine and if he doesn't get any more tickets in the next 90 days.

With a dismissal of the ticket he does not get any points on his license.