CriminalDefense, Attorney
Experience:  9 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases

T a parked car that was perpendicular to me in another spot.

Customer Question

Hit a parked car that was perpendicular to me in another spot. It was a truck and was sticking out further of the spot. It was hard to maneuver. Did not look like there was damage to the persons car. I did not leave information but I had more damage on my car. I filed with the insurance company but did not get the other license plate number. Never called the cops but it was in a garage and there could have been cameras. I did have a few drinks too. Again the car was blocking me from pull straight out. Any concern for hit and run or DUI?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. In regard to the DUI, the answer is No. There would be no way for the police to know if you were impaired at the time of operating the vehicle, so they could not charge you with a DUI, even if they reviewed the tapes, after the owner of the other vehicle filed a complaint. Now, as far as the hit and run / leaving the scene, that is possible. Even though they may have been sticking out of the spot, you still had an obligation to leave your contact number for them to call you, if you could not locate the owner nor had any method od calling the police. Of course, for this to happen, not only would the owner have had to seen the damage in the garage but then found out they had cameras. They would have then needed to call the police and they would need to review the footage. A lot has to happen for that as well. If you have not heard anything to date, you should be alright.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or concerns. I am here to help so please just let me know.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.