Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law

I recieved a traffic violation with code 3362 A1. Is my

Customer Question

I recieved a traffic violation with code 3362 A1. Is my licence going to be suspended? I don't have any violation or point before this? I didn't think it was fair because I was only trying to merge by accelerating and immediately slowed down slowly to avoid being rear ended. The law clicked me anyway. He said I was supposed to slow down not accelerate. 75 on a 45 zone he wrote. Didn't think I was going that fast but can't argue against radar. What's the best move?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under PA law, if you were speeding in a construction zone there is a mandatory 15 day license suspension imposed by PennDOT. The fine is increased if exceeding limit by more than 5 miles per hour by adding $2 for every additional mile per hour. See: Title 75 – §3362(c). You can go to court and plead not guilty and ask for a conference with the prosecutor to explain how you could not safely decrease speed without causing an accident until you merged over and try to at least get the speed over the limit reduced to reduce the fine.