N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Attorney
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

I purchased a car from Montreal Canada and the title is in

Customer Question

I purchased a car from Montreal Canada and the title is in French. Pennsylvania DMV rejected the title and want me to have it interpreted in English, by a reputable source. What is your solution, please advise.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

You will have to hire a translator to prepare a translation and certify under penalty to perjury that it is accurate.

You might be able to find a translator on Craigslist, or you can hire a company that does this, the largest one is probably

http://www.berlitz.us/corporate-solutions/Translation-Localization-and-Interpretation-Services/1223/

I hope this information is helpful.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Well sure, but don't you deal with DMV issues as such, it must be common to out of country transactions. I was hoping you would have an English version or know how to obtain one. If you don't have a direct solution I can just drive to the University I graduated from and ask a professor of French for his assistance.

If you post the document here as an attachment I can look for an English version

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Sending two sided scan.

Attachment: 2016-05-31_091627_corvette_title_french.pdf

Attachment: 2016-05-31_091710_corvette_title_french1.pdf

Not sure if the attachments will work wirh your format may nee to email directly

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Everything I encountered directed me to French, so if you find English version I will pay you 100.00 USD.

The attachments were legible. I searched the SAAQ web site and Google images and I was unable to find a version of the form in English.

I am sorry but you are going to need a translator. A professor of French would be qualified.