Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Khaled Issa
90630425

I have court tomorrow speeding ticket and reckless driving i

Customer Question

i have court tomorrow for a speeding ticket and reckless driving i was wondering if i could plead nolo
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: georgia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: i was going 125mph in a 70mph zone i went to jail and i paid a bond of $775.00 when i was bonded out i put i could use the bond money in court for anything id have to pay
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon: My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question. May I ask, have you, in the past five years, entered a Nolo plea on any other traffic offense or criminal offense?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No i have not
Ok, the reason I ask is because you are allowed to enter a Nolo plea once every 5 years. And with reckless driving certain special rules apply. A Nolo may be accepted if the driver is over the age of 21 (which I am assuming you are). Also, you must keep in mind that, as with all pleas, the approval of the judge hearing the case must be granted. One thing that the Courts take into consideration is the nature of the charge. As you may realize, reckless driving is not a "minor" traffic offense (like certain speeding offenses). In fact, reckless driving is technically a criminal matter (as it is a misdemeanor) meaning it is punishable by jail time (again, technically). The judge may also take into consideration your driving history (the worse a driving history, the less likely a judge may be willing to accept a Nolo plea). Because of this serious nature of the offense, it may be wise to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction because, as a misdemeanor offense, there may be more long lasting ramifications than if this were a simple, minor speeding ticket. Any questions based on this? If so, please ask and I would be happy to provide further information or clarify anything I have provided here. If not, please remember that experts here are not employees of JustAnswer and do not get credited for taking the time to assist individual until they click ACCEPT and rate the assistance provide. Your cooperation in this regard would be appreciated! ***General information provided here is for educational and informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor should it be relied upon as such. It is always wise to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction as to the specific facts and laws applicable in your case as they would be in the position to best assist***
Hello, I see you have read my response. I hope it is helpful. Again, if you have questions, please ask. If you have no other questions, please do click ACCEPT and rate the assistance.
Please remember that experts here assist individuals not as a hobby, but as their source of income.With this in mind, please click ACCEPT if you have no other questions.