Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Experience:  18+ years of high-volume criminal defense work from arraignment through plea or trial.
18321761

What state can you get your drivers license if your license

Customer Question

what state can you get your drivers license if your license has be suspended
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 6 months ago.
Hello, As a criminal lawyer, I frequently have to give answers to customers that they are hoping they will not hear. This is one of those times. Your suspension is in the national driver's data base, and every state must honor a sister state's suspension. YOu have no driving privileges anywhere until the state that suspended your license restores them. Furthermore, on every driving license application you are asked whether you have ever had your license revoked or suspended. If you tell the truth on that form, you will not be able to get a license anywhere If you lie on the form, you can be caught easily when they reference the national data base. Then you can face felony charges for giving false information on a government application. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there's nowhere in the US or its territories where you can get a license while on suspension. I'd ask you kindly to refrain from shooting the messenger.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
9
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 6 months ago.
I don't understand the "9." Is that a follow up question of some sort?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 6 months ago.
Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.