Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.
26798026

How much does it cost speeding ticket

Customer Question

How much does it cost for representation for a speeding ticket Arizona 28.701.02A3; my son is a freshman attending college in California, a misdemeanor conviction will jeopardize his future.
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to. OK. The Traffic Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Traffic Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: 19 yr old California resident, was stopped for speeding in Az - Arizona 28.701.02A3;
JA: Is there anything else the Traffic Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Not really student who purchased plane ticket to meet his Court obligation first time offense no prior violations no criminal history
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened. It may not be necessary to hire a lawyer at all. Your son has the ability to go to court, talk to the district attorney, and ask them to reduce the ticket to a civil speeding ticket in exchange for agreeing to plead guilty. If they say no, he can still plead not guilty and request a lawyer at this time. He also has the ability to call and reschedule the court date if he's still currently in California. We're unfortunately not allowed to quote fees for other lawyers through this service because fees vary widely among lawyers. Most lawyers who do traffic tickets charge a flat rate, which must be paid upfront. If the ticket is not dismissed, they keep the money for their time. The amount charged is going to be based on multiple factors, including firm size, lawyer experience and geographical location. Try calling a few located in the county where he was pulled over to get estimates. A good place to find local attorneys is http://www.martindale.com.