Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice

I got a traffic ticket headlight out. The weather is

Customer Question

I got a traffic ticket for one headlight out. The weather is not bad at all and it was not dark at all (8:20pm) before sunset time (8:49pm). however, ticket says that the lights are out and it was night vision. It happened in Cleveland Ohio.
The police officer said that it is not serious offence, I just need to pay the fine without going to the court. But the fine was over $320.. It is a huge fine for just one headlight (ticket says "lights") out - I checked the light with police officer on the spot and the statmement about vision on ticket is not accurate. Shoud I go to the court and plea not guilty to dismiss the ticket or say no contest or plea guility to ask the judge to reduce the fine?? I took a picture before and after we fixed the light. I will bring the pictures and reciept of fixing light.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 5 months ago.
Is this your first offense/moving violation?