RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in numerous areas of the law.
18284290

I'm visiting here in Boston coming from dubai can I drive cars

Customer Question

I'm visiting here in Boston coming from dubai can I drive cars in my UAE driving license?
JA: OK. The Traffic Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: What Cind of info do you need?
JA: Is there anything else the Traffic Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Not really
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When can I get answers?
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I am reviewing your question now and working on an answer. Give me a few minutes, and I will have an answer for you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question.It does not appear you can. Massachusetts will only honor valid licenses from countries identified in Appendix “C” of the current Massachusetts Driver’s Manual. You can see that list here. I do not see Dubai on that list of countries, but please double check it in case I missed it. Most of the identified countries are parties to one of the two major international road or automotive traffic conventions the U.S. recognizes. Germany and Switzerland are not parties to the 1949 Road Traffic Convention but their driver licenses are honored based on reciprocal agreements. As Dubai is not listed (unless I just overlooked it) you would not be able to drive on a foreign license while visiting. I am sorry. Your complete satisfaction is my goal. If you need additional information or clarification about my answer, please reply, and I'm happy to assist further. Otherwise, kindly remember to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars/happy faces (3-5 stars/happy faces) as that is the only way experts such as myself are compensated on this site for our time and expertise, even if you have left a deposit. It doesn't cost you anything extra to leave a rating. Thank you.
Were there any follow up questions about this matter I could answer, or anything you needed me to clarify?
If you have no further questions about this matter, kindly remember to leave positive feedback, as that is the only way experts are compensated for our time. Thank you.