How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Category: Traffic Law
Satisfied Customers: 19023
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Traffic Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a restricted license in VA with interlock how do I transfer

Customer Question

I have a restricted license in VA with interlock how do I transfer to NC?
JA: OK. The Traffic Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes to get my VA restricted not for the transfer.
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: They said find a NC lawyer.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I gave you everything, I have a VA restricted with interlock device and want to transfer to NC to use restricted here for employment and residence.
JA: Is there anything else the Traffic Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Such as because I am not sure what information you need?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
You need to apply for restricted license in NC. The Interlock is not transferable from one state to another. You need to apply for a new license in NC and NC will decide whether to impose the installation of interlock device on your vehicle. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.