Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.

What is the difference between an FR 202 form and a FR 230

Customer Question

Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. Are you in South Carolina? If not, what state are you in?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes SC
Thank you. Form 202 is stating that the vehicle owner has been paid for all damages arising out of a car accident, and that they're waiving any right to sue or seek additional money in the future. Form 230 says that the driver who caused the accident agrees to make payments, but not that all payments have been received. When two people sign a Form 230, if payments are missed, the injured driver still has the right to bring a lawsuit to recover any money that wasn't paid. Once the final payment is made, the other driver agrees not to sue. So, basically, it comes down to whether the driver who caused the accident is able to pay the other driver all at once or needs time to make payments. If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.