Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Attorney
Experience:  10 years of legal experience, including traffic law

I got a traffic ticket that I am contesting. The officer who

Customer Question

I got a traffic ticket that I am contesting. The officer who ticketed me was giving another ticket at the exact same time he claimed to have registered my speed. How do I find the other ticket he was giving just before mine? I want to use it to file my trial by declaration. I'm am curious if the previous ticket was for the same infraction as mine.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Sorry to hear about your ticket. You could file an informal discovery request, although it is likely that they may not give you what you want because they will argue the ticket is not relevant to your ticket. What may be more successful for you is to file a Freedom of Information Act on the agency that employs the officer. Here is a sample request: You can usually find the Custodian of Records' name for the agency that the officer works for using Google. As for the request itself, the more information you can provide them with, the, location, and name of the officer (which should be on your ticket). They are required to give a response within 10 days, so it will probably be faster than an informal discovery request. Hope this helps!