Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice

I cosigned a loan son who lives in Colorado and I live in New York , so that he cou

Customer Question

I cosigned a loan for my son who lives in Colorado and I live in New York , so that he could register the car in Colorado we are both on the title. The papers are in the mail to me . The loan came through, they got their money.
My son got the car drove it off the lot Audi 2012 A6, it was slightly raining, but that is the car he has always been driving (2011) . The car veered out of control on the highway and he was able to get it back without crashing. He called the dealer and me . The dealer told him to try it again for a few more days, that he had checked the tires. The next day he drove to the grocery store, and it swerved again , sliding on the highway, this time, across 3 lanes, was rearended by another car, totaled the car.
He was driving under the speed limit. Miraculously no one was hurt , also his Audi airbags never went off. So, I just checked the USAA loan did come through, so they are paid. I have a call into the dealer and the car is in the police lot waiting for the i
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Has your son had the vehicle inspected by a mechanic to see what the issue is? Also, was any mechanical or vehicle damage disclosed at the purchase?