Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice

I was in a car accident on friday night, and i am not sure

Customer Question

I was in a car accident on friday night, and i am not sure if i have enough proof to dispute the ticket
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: i cant afford a lawyer, im a college student who works part time. i dont want to just pay the ticket though, because that saying im guilty.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I was in the middle of an intersection, the light had been yellow, and was about to turn red, the only oncoming vehicle was signaling that they were turning left. When i took my turn they continued straight and we collided.
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Lawyer for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: your not a real person are you?
JA: IÂ’m an assistant to the Lawyer. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: well just tell me if i have a chance to fight it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Please be patient when waiting for a response. I may be looking something up, typing the response, or busy with something else and sometimes it takes a while to respond. My understanding is that you want an expert to give you their opinion on whether you have enough "proof to dispute the ticket".However, to be able to answer that you have to list out all of the proof that you have. If you will do that I will review it for you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was the only person in the car, and i was in to much shock at the time to ask pedestrians to be my witness. I have no proof, just my word, i figured if i went to court and had a chance to tell them what happened in detail and while not shaking and crying, they may consider that even though the person tuning left is usually at fault that the oncoming driver caused confusion as to which direction they were going. I mean am i to always assume that i must yeild to oncoming traffic thats turning left?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Am i at fault here? Do i have a chance of disputing the ticket? And why did this email say i was charged another $31? i just paid $5 to get someones opinion, it never said it would be $36 dollars?
I am not sure what the email that you received said and we (the experts) don't have anything to do with the billing. Before we proceed any further you will want to click on the Customer Service button that is on your screen (I think it is at the bottom, our screens look different than yours) and get this matter cleared up so you know how much you are paying. Once you have that issue resolved, please let me know if the price is higher and if you want to continue. I will be online all day assisting other customers so when yyou get an answer if you will just post what you want on here I will continue.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i want my free trial if what i signed up for was a monthly service.
I'm going to opt out and let someone else assist.
No need to reply, you will be placed back in the queue and someone else should pick up.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Oh great.