Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I had my cruise control set to 58 mph in a 55 and was pulled

Customer Question

I had my cruise control set to 58 mph in a 55 and was pulled over the cop said I was doing 70mph . No way no how . Last year I paid an attorney and went to traffic school for 51 in a 45 so traffic school and odometer calibration is out of the question how can I fight this. Mind you this ticket was in the exact same place. Any suggestions
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.
You would need to present evidence that your cruise control is in perfect working condition and it was set on 58 and there was no way that you could have been going at 70. You would need your mechanic to testify foe you, or do an affidavit, or give you a document stating that he has checked the cruise control and that there is nothing wrong with it— that the cruise control is working as intended. Nevertheless, it is prudent to go with an Attorney to argue your case for you. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.