TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

JA: . How can we be of help? Customer: I have a very

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I have a very large easy pass bill . some of it errorneous. I CANNOT AFFORD 36,000. wOULD RETAINING A LAWYER ASSIST ME.
JA: OK. The Traffic Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no I DO NOT HAVE A LAWYER
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Traffic Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I HAVE A 36,000 BILL FOR EASY PASS BILL. iS IT NECESSARY to obtain a lawyer to negoitiate these fees. It has been sent to Maryland Collections,
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Traffic Lawyer should know?
Customer: I just received the first notice of fees from the Md. Central Collections.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. Yes, in my opinion you would be better off retaining an attorney than to simply agree to pay $36,000 in some sort of payment plan. An attorney can (1) review the fees to see if there is some way to argue that they were wrongly charged to you, or that you should have been made aware of the fees sooner in order to mitigate your damages, etc. In other words, it's possible that there is a legal argument to be made on your behalf which could be a valid defense. (2) Even if the fees were properly charged to you, the attorney can certainly attempt to work out a settlement so that you ultimately pay much less than the $36,000 they claim you owe. Certainly an attorney would be in a better position to negotiate on your behalf than if you try to do so alone. After all, the attorney is not only more experienced at it, he has the leverage of the threat of a lawsuit, that would not exist if you do not have an attorney. So, yes, I would retain a local attorney ASAP. Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!