P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  12+ yrs. of legal experience.

I have a warrant to appear ticket while license suspended,

Customer Question

I have a warrant for failure to appear for a ticket for driving while license suspended, on 01/26/2005 is there a statute of limitations on this warrant?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry to be the one to bear bad news. There is NO statue of limitations on a bench (court issued) warrant. And, perhaps more important, the statute of limitations for the underlying charge is tolled (put on hold) while the bench warrant is active.

So the state of Texas can still prosecute this, presuming that the bench warrant was issued prior to the expiration of the underlying charge (the driving while suspended)

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.