Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

I received a ticket in my mothers van after she pasted away

Customer Question

I received a ticket in my mothers van after she pasted away trying to get it smoged the ticket was for no insurance and registration I went to court on it and was given another court date to talk to traffic commissioner and that dat was 1-8-16 at 1:30 But my father died 12-26-15 and his funeral service was on 1-8-16 after that I went back to court house to explain why I missed court I was told it was to late and I had to write the commissioner judge a letter for reason I could not make it to court and could I get another court or something to clear up the ticket but I was denied that and from $50.00 to $1,115.00 and then to $1,225.00 and I sent in my dad's death certificate for good cause why I could not appear in court
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that: (A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; (B) Experts answer questions based on the honor system. When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and (C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours. Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. 1. Please state the specific legal question you want answered so we may better assist you...