Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I got a ticket I really disagree with that happened 6 hours

Customer Question

I got a ticket I really disagree with that happened 6 hours away from me so I think my only option is to plea guilty since the trip is so far but he pulled me over for 81 in a 55 but I was just getting out of a ezpass focused on 3 cars in front of me and my gps because I didn't know where I was so 81 was impossible and that was my first time pulled over and I'm 31. Thoughts? (Because that's major points am I wrong?)
JA: OK. Feel free to minimize me and read in peace. Just know I can connect you with the Lawyer whenever you like. OK. Feel free to minimize me and read in peace. Just know I can connect you with the Lawyer whenever you like. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: The ticket was NY state 1180B and I live in NJ
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: No that's all thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. It is very difficult to defeat a speeding citation as all the officer has to state is that he/she clocked you with a radar gun and that he verified the speed was coming from your vehicle that you were driving. IF the officer does that, it is virtually impossible to prevail because the judge is usually gong to accept the word of the officer.
Expert:  Roger replied 7 months ago.
Generally, the best change of defeating the citation would be to ask for a continuance from the first hearing date and hope the officer doesn't show up for the second setting......but that would mean you'd have to go to court and hope the officer didn't show.