Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer. Former judicial law clerk. Worked for District Attorney's Office in Traffic Court.
26798026

My car was parked and this guy was parked next to me. s son

Customer Question

my car was parked and this guy was parked next to me. his son got out and hit my door with his door and then they left, with out giving any info.. is that not a hit and run ?
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I never would have paid my money. if I knew you would not give me an answe
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I apologize for the delay. We do not always have experts online for every category overnight.

Yes, it is. It's a Class A misdemeanor. "The driver of any motor vehicle involved in an accident resulting in . . . damage to any vehicle which is driven or attended by any person shall give his name, address and the registration number of the vehicle he is driving, shall upon request exhibit his driver's license." Ala. Code, Section 32-10-2. So, if you were in the car or there appeared to be any damage to your car, they needed to stop. The car was "involved," even though it was a passenger who did the damage. You could file a police report, and if you are able to locate the driver of the other vehicle, you can sue the son for the cost of repairing the car (if he's a child, the parent might pay for it, but you're allowed to sue a minor either way).

It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.