Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Khaled Issa
90630425

How do i get a photo radar speeding ticket in scottsdale d

Customer Question

how do i get a photo radar speeding ticket in scottsdale dismissed
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 8 months ago.
Good afternoon: My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question. Now, when it comes to these types of tickets/complaints, the most important question is how it was served (i.e., how was notice given to the person). There are three ways that "service" of the ticket is proper and, therefore, requires a response. They include: 1) personal service (being hand-delivered the notice); 2) waiver of service (where the person signs a waiver and mails it back) and 3) alternative service. Do you know how the ticket was received?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes i received it by mail
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Thank you for that information. Many people in the state disregard these tickets when the legal requirement of providing notice to the driver of the vehicle is not met. The law requires that the ticket be given to the individual (whether the driver or owner) by person or through other lawful means. When they are not done through those means, the courts do not give the tickets any legal weight and, as such, do not carry any adverse consequence to a person's driving history. However, sometimes things can be tricky if "alternative service" was granted. This usually allows notice of the ticket to be given by 1) taping the ticket to the owners door and 2) mailing the ticket. Since you have not mentioned anything about the ticket being taped to the door, this looks like a case where service was not made properly. And if service is not made properly, the Courts do not have any jurisdiction over and, as a result, cannot penalize you for the ticket. While I cannot tell you if you should ignore it or not (as that would constitute legal advice which I am prohibited from providing) , I can direct you to a few websites that expand a little on the general information I have provided: http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/i-have-recently-received-a-red-light-camera--ticke-2228465.html http://www.allenlawaz.com/the-issues-with-photo-radar-tickets/ http://www.azdefense.com/blog/photo-tickets-in-arizona/ I hope this information has helped. If you have any follow ups or need clarification on anything, please let me know. If not, please remember to click ACCEPT and rate the assistance provided as that is the only way experts here can be credited for taking the time to assist customers. Thank you! ***Information provided here is for educational and informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor should it be relied upon as such. It is always wise to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction as to your specific issues and your specific facts as they would be in the best position to assist you***