Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have been to court on two separate occasions

Customer Question

I have been to court on two separate occasions for parking tickets that are 25 years old. the first time I was assessed a fine in the amount of 440.00 for the tickets. I went to pay the tickets a few months later and was told that I needed a new court date because the information on the case was not in there computer and I had lost my copy. I went to court again for the same parking tickets and was fined again in the amount of 600 plus dollars. Can a judge continue to up the amounts or is there a standard practice of monetary recovery that can be imposed. When the tickets were assessed 25 years ago. Each ticket was about 15 dollars apiece. The vehicle was parked in the same spot for about 2 weeks due to damage and vehicle was not movable. thanks for your imput on this matter
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Unfortunately, the Judge can continue to increase the amount due if the amount remains unpaid. I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.