Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Experience:  18+ years of high-volume criminal defense work from arraignment through plea or trial.
18321761

I bought a car in Florida and will stay in Florida for

Customer Question

Hi. I bought a car in Florida and will stay in Florida for a while but don't want to change my California drivers license. Can I register my car in California, so I can keep both registered there?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 11 months ago.
Hello, Sooner or later, if you're actually residing in Florida, the state is going to require you to get a Florida license and registration. If you're spending most of the year in Florida, are employed in Florida, enroll your children in Florida schools and take other steps that would show that you've established permanent residency in Florida, you'll end up ticketed and fined until you change your license and registration. You only have ten days to change your license and registration over when you move to Florida.