Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

Situation involves driving in the center turn lane. Traffic

Customer Question

Situation involves driving in the center turn lane. Traffic is backed up in the southbound lanes, I am attempting to enter the street and turn north, both southbound lanes stop and open a car length gap to allow my passage. A southbound vehicle is driving at a speed approximately the speed limit about a quarter mile from the intersection it intends to turn at, visibilty is limited by stopped traffic in the southbound lanes, I procede cautiously through the stopped traffic, as i am about to enter the center turn lane and make one last glance to the north and see a glimpse of a southbound vehicle approaching rapidly and hit my brakes just as I am hit by the southbound center turn lane vehicle. My vehicle is hit with only about 6" into the center turn lane. I maintain that the other vehicle failed to maintain a proper lookout for conditions and therfore was at fault.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Do you know if the vehicle that struck you was actually trying to turn or was the vehicle just trying to avoid traffic by traveling in the turn lane?