RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in numerous areas of the law.

I recently got arrested license and no insurance, the state

Customer Question

I recently got arrested for suspended license and no insurance, the state is willing to drop the charges if I pay off the suspended license fee and get 6 month insurance, I have paid off the fee but I was not able to get my car out the impound so I lost the car, do I still have to get the 6 month insurance if I don't have a car anymore?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

No, you won't even be able to buy the car insurance since you no longer own the vehicle. What you will need to do is inform the prosecutor's office that the vehicle was repossessed, and provide proof that you no longer have it, along with proof that you paid off the license suspension. That should be enough to satisfy the state -the concern was that you were driving unlicensed and uninsured, but if you don't intend to get another vehicle at this time, it's moot, since you won't need insurance.

If you need clarification or additional information, please reply and I'll be happy to assist you further.