Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Attorney
Experience:  10 years of legal experience, including traffic law

I got a ticket today 90 in a 70 in Monroe County Ga. I was

Customer Question

Hi i got a ticket today for speeding 90 in a 70 in Monroe County Ga. I was in the right lane coming up on a vehicle on the shoulder and could not get over because of merging traffic from lane ending in the far left. I crested the hill after i sped up to merge left and as soon as i crested the hill there was a cop in the middle under an overpass clocking people. I have a CDL but was in a personal vehicle. What can i do to get this reduced?
JA: OK. The Traffic Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Traffic Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no. i signed the ticket and went on my way. I told the officer i was trying to get over but traffic from the left would not move
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I would suggest getting a traffic lawyer to help you with this. Many will do it for a flat fee. Ordinarily, a lawyer isn't really needed for a traffic offense that doesn't carry the possibility of jail time, but since your livelihood is connected to having a good driving record, it may be a good investment. Particularly since in Georgia, speeding over 85 mph gets you designated as a "super speeder" and requires payment of an additional $200 surcharge. You may also want to consider taking some kind of driver course before your court date and providing proof of completion to the may result in them cutting you a break since you were proactive about addressing the driving issue. It is up to you but it can help.