Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice

I got a ticket and forgoy about court date. I wasnt aware of

Customer Question

Hi I got a ticket and forgoy about court date. I wasnt aware of the speed limit and it was on a decline and my car natueally accelerated down the hill. I dont have extra income. Ive got e children and I take care of my hansicapped brother. Id like to plead not guilty and hope the case gets dismissed. Do ai have better options? Its in Overland Park KS. Lidar used. No traffic. Also got seat belt violation but I was wearing it. I didn't argue with officer snd was politecand respectfil
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: There was no traffic, weather was fair with light precipitation. There was a sign posted but it was behind where I entered the street and so I wasnt aware of the posting. Id never driven that street before 91st and Hayes I was wearing black hopdie. My seatbelt is dark and my seat sits back. My windows are tinted but within legal specs.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Traffic Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 7 months ago.

Good morning. Just to be clear, your court date already passed?