Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Experienced Attorney/former law enforcement officer
26296561

My wife left me and took a newer car(2015 Mitsubishi

Customer Question

My wife left me and took a newer car(2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport),We both are on the title,but I bought and paid for the vehicle solely. She took the car to New York,where we have an apartment. Is there any way I can get the car back,or at least have her pay me halt of what I paid for the vehicle.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Unfortunately, generally, similar issues, concerning marital property, can only be addressed by the family court, upon the filing of the divorce / separation petition, as the civil courts would not get involved into any dispute between husband and wife, which involved marital property.

I wish you the best of luck!