Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

My husband lost s job and our insurance lapsed in November.

Customer Question

My husband lost his job and our insurance lapsed in November. We reinstated our insurance this month and our license has an indefinite suspension. We have not surrendered the license plates nor registration because we purchased our new insurance plan. We received a notification that we could reinstate our license by paying a $50 fee.
JA: OK. The Traffic Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Traffic Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Traffic Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: other than we used the registration and license plate for the insurance information, no there's nothing else.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Traffic Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: Oh we have not driven our car since December. Our car has been parked in our parking lot
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us about your situation? Have you paid to reinstate everything yet, since when your insurance lapsed everything was suspended and now needs to be reinstated?