Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

How can you get a DWLI dismissed on an appeal in Texas and

Customer Question

How can you get a DWLI dismissed on an appeal in Texas and it comes from a ticket just paid from 2010 that was not there last time I renewed it was supposed to be dropped as a warning. Now I am trying to go back to work and need my DL to continue to work toward a job. Have been disabled for sometime and about ready to go back to work!!! I need this and I do not get but 733 a month. I am past ready for a job. this income stinks and I am a senior in my
liberal arts degree. tell me the clauses and any loop hole t get out due to improving ones life quality....
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you paid the ticket that means you were convicted. The only way to get rid of the ticket/conviction would be to file a motion to vacate in the court where that ticket was filed and present good cause to the judge to vacate the citation. If the court agrees to vacate the conviction and dismiss, then it would be able to get your license released. You need to start with the filing the motion to vacate the conviction in court and explain the good cause reason why you would like the conviction vacated and your license released and explain the financial hardship and need for the license to get back to work.