Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Experienced Attorney/former law enforcement officer
26296561

I got a car accident and police gave me a ticket after he

Customer Question

Hi there. I got a car accident and police gave me a ticket after he listen the story. The story is I drove on snow and my car slip to the other car. I hit to the back of other car. This car is park off-street Officer give me a ticket. He said I drive Too fast under condition. Any auggestion what shpuld I do on the court? Thank you
Category: Traffic Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have to go to the court tomorrow, Any suggestion to get lower point? This my first year license so point will be double.

Thank you for your follow up.

What was the violation?

What state is this in?

Have you considered hiring local traffic defense attorney to represent you in court?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Driving too fast for condition, wisconsin. The officer did not how fast i am driving. He estimate by the damage of the car. I think i will go to court by myself.(I care about losing point more than paying money) What is your suggestion. Thank you for help

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, being found guilty of driving too fast for conditions, can not only result in 4 points, fine of up to $300, but also a driver license suspension of up to 1 year and the penalty is likely to be harsher for someone who is a new driver.

So, generally, it would make sense to approach the prosecutor and to see if the prosecutor would be willing to offer some type of plea to a reduced violation which doesn't carry points or suspension and if not, then it would make sense to ask the judge to reschedule the court date, so that the driver / defendant can obtain legal counsel (since this is not a type of situation that a driver should try to resolve without a lawyer).

I wish you the best of luck!