Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
45002201

I got a ticket radar in El Mirage... Is it worth fighting?

Customer Question

I got a ticket for Photo radar in El Mirage... Is it worth fighting? Does it go on my license and against my insurance?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Photo radar, Grand and Primrose in El MIrage... speed APPROX 60 in 45 zone and $234 fine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Traffic Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 9 months ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

To answer your second question first, yes, it will go on your license and potentially increase your insurance rates. To answer your other question about whether it is worth fighting, that really depends on the photo.

The weakness of these kinds of tickets is that the driver is not properly identified. It can only be done through the picture of you supposedly speeding. Of course, the quality of that picture and whether it can identify you depends on the angle, time of day, etc.

So, is it possible to defend photo radar tickets successfully? Yes, but it depends largely on the picture.

It is not sufficient for them to say that your car was speeding, and the car is registered to you, therefore you are guilty of speeding.