Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Criminal Defense Attorney
Experience:  18+ years of high-volume criminal defense work from arraignment through plea or trial.
18321761

I have a suspend license. It is from 2000, one letter says

Customer Question

I have a suspend license. It is from 2000, one letter says 25$ reinstatement fee. That one is from no. Little rock court. Don't know what it could be for. Should I get a lawyer to help? The letter also says it's a stand alone action.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.

Do you recall ever having had a ticket or a case of some sort in N. Little Rock?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.

Sometimes, something like this occurs when you have some sort of matter in the courts but failed to pay a fine or pay court costs. It may take a while but a state will eventually get your attention by suspending your license. Ultimately all states get word of that suspension, meaning you won't have a license anywhere until you get rid of that Arkansas matter.

So yes, if you're not living in that state any more, the best thing to do would be to retain a lawyer there who could look into the records, see what it's about, and, if possible, even resolve it for you without you having to return to the state.

If you don't know where to start to find an Arkansas criminal lawyer to assist you with this, you can call the Arkansas Bar Association's Lawyer Referral SErvice, and they can refer you to a lawyer. They charge a referral fee of about $50, which includes a half hour consultation with the lawyer. You can have that consultation over the phone, so that you don't have to travel out of state to met him.