CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Experience:  10 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
9540344

I'm trying to help my girlfriend with her speeding ticket

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: she got offense code 5450
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Traffic Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 1 year ago.

What is it that you are trying to do or want to know?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she got offense code 5450
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there anything she can do before her court date

This happened in what State? NC?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is certainly in her best interest to retain a traffic ticket defense attorney to represent her. The first thing which they will want to do, is review the face of the citation and see if there is a legal basis to get it dismissed. If not, they will then have to look over the facts of the case and decide if it is in her best interest to work out a plea deal or to take the case to trial and make the State prove the allegation(s) against you. The officer will need to be present. If he/she fails to appear at trial, the case will likely be dismissed, unless a continuance is granted by the Judge, upon the showing of good cause. If the officer does appear, the attorney will be given a chance to cross examine them and attack their credibility. The attorney is going to want to inspect their documents and log book, to make sure that the speed measuring device was properly calibrated, that they have the citation logged and are certified to use the equipment. Moreover, they will question them about their training and experience, trying to create doubt that they may have not known what they were doing and improperly measured your speed. They will also raise any other possible defenses, which you may have, to try and obtain a finding of not guilty.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.