Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years of law and traffic law
10285032

Visiting Santa and went to dinner. didnt feel well so asked

Customer Question

porter....visiting Santa barbara and went to dinner. didnt feel well so asked my son to drive back to the hotel. unfortunately, i was unaware that he was driving on a suspended license. long story short, ran into a check point car impounded. no alcohol was involved. Is there anything i can do to get my truck back before the 30 day impound ends
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ***** ***** porter....visiting Santa barbara and went to dinner. didnt feel well so asked my son to drive back to the hotel. unfortunately, i was unaware that he was driving on a suspended license. long story short, ran into a check point car impounded. no alcohol was involved. Is there anything i can do to get my truck back before the 30 day impound ends
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Traffic Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, while you were unaware that he had a suspended license if he was driving on one there is a right for you as owner to request a post storage hearing within 10 days of the seizure in writing and they should have the forms and once you file, they have 48 hours (excluding weekends) to give you a hearing to present your case for the release. Your situation, not knowing his license was suspended and you being sick is usually enough for them to issue an early release, but you need to go to the impound lot and you need to file for the appeal.