Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

MY HUSBAND AND I WERE TRAVELING IN SEPERATE CAR'S..A CAR

Customer Question

MY HUSBAND AND I WERE TRAVELING IN SEPERATE CAR'S..A CAR BEHND LOST CONTROL SWERVED INTO THE FAST LANE, SMASHED HEAD ON INTO THE BARRIER AND ENDED UP ON THE HARD SHOULDER..I COULD CLEARLY SEE THE DRIVER IN MY REAR VIEW MIRROR, FIGHTING FOR CONTROL AND HE WAS A YOUNG GUY
THE ONLY REASON WE STOPPED WAS TO SEE IF ANYONE WAS HURT AND OFFER HELP.. AND NOTICED A SURFACE SMUDGE ON MY BACK WING..WHICH WE REPORTED TO THE POLICE....FOUR PEOPLE ALIGHTED FROM THE OTHER CAR, WHICH WAS A WRITE OFF, BUT THE PERSON DRIVING, LEFT IN ANOTHER CAR.WITH A GIRL, LEAVING A MUCH OLDER COUPLE WHEN THE POLICE ARRIVED...WE HAVE WITNESSES TO ALL THESE EVENT'S..ALSO PHOTO'S OF SKID MARK'S, SHOWING THE OTHER VEHICLE SWERVING FROM BEHIND ME INTO THE BARRIER, PLUS PHOTO'S OF MY CAR, AND THE OTHER VEHICLE..
THE POLICE ARE NOW SAYING THE FRONT OF MY CAR WAS WHERE THE DAMAGE WAS..HOWEVER, MY CAR WENT IN FOR AN OIL LEAK 3 DAY'S LATER, AND THE GARAGE WILL CONFIRM "NO DAMAGE" THE SMUDGE TO THE REAR BUMPER OUR FRIEND RUBBED OUT WITH HIS HAND ..
MY INSURANCE COMPANY HAVE NOW PAID OUT AND I HAVE LOST ALL NO CLAIM'S..
THIS IS SURELY FRAUD...I HAD NO INVOLVEMENT WITH THIS ACCIDENT WHATSOEVER
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

I'm afraid I don't understand how or why anyone thought you were involved in the accident. Did the other drivers say you did something? What? And why did your insurance company pay the claim?

Did you lose money because of this?