P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  12+ yrs. of legal experience.
11181181

My daughter is a college student in California. She has her

Customer Question

My daughter is a college student in California. She has her car with her and it is registered in Texas. I need to renew her Texas registration, but DMV tells me I need to show proof that it has been inspected to do so. I checked in California, and no one does vehicle inspections there. They tell me the state does not require vehicle inspections. So -- how can I renew the Texas registration since I can't get an inspection in California ?
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

You will need to have the vehicle inspected. It is true, CA does not do inspections. So you would need to return the car to TX to obtain the inspection. Or, if she is a resident of CA, she could register the car there

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.