Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice
7286322

I live in San Francisco. I was in LA driving my sister's car

Customer Question

I live in San Francisco. I was in LA driving my sister's car and was stopped by the police for crossing a double yellow line on the freeway. This was in July.
I was expecting some sort of ticket telling me how much the fine was but none arrived. Then today I got a letter from saying that my license will be suspended if I don't pay by Jan 1/16.
I tried to pay online but it's not recognizing my ticket or birthday for my drivers liscence number on the automated system so I can't even pay it.
And I would have to go to the court in LA.
Please help!
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.