CriminalDefense
CriminalDefense, Attorney
Experience:  9 + years in Traffic Ticket Defense, DUI/DWI and Criminal Defense cases
9540344

Got in car accident police. Give me at ticket cross. Yellow

Customer Question

Got in car accident police. Give me at ticket cross. Yellow cause. The accident
Category: Traffic Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 10 months ago.

Your question appears to have been cut off. Please continue.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Operate a motor vehicle on a street. Or a highway of sufficient width for two way travel withinout keep the vehicle on the right half of the highway Gs 20-146a
Expert:  CriminalDefense replied 10 months ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. I see the other expert has opted out, so allow me to help. I have provided below the section of the statute under which you were charged. You have every legal right to fight this and the burden is on the state, to show you violated by/with on of the subsections below. This is what they will need to show and if they can not or you have defenses, you can prevail. Now, if you did not want to go to trial and wanted to resolve this, you could take a plea deal. If you take a plea deal, the sentence imposed, which is often fines and costs, are less then if you go to trial. You can also present any mitigating factors for the court to consider, when explaining why and how this happened, which could lessen the sentence imposed.

§ 20-146. Drive on right side of highway; exceptions. (a) Upon all highways of sufficient width a vehicle shall be driven upon the right half of the highway except as follows: (1) When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction under the rules governing such movement; (2) When an obstruction exists making it necessary to drive to the left of the center of the highway; provided, any person so doing shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles traveling in the proper direction upon the unobstructed portion of the highway within such distance as to constitute an immediate hazard; (3) Upon a highway divided into three marked lanes for traffic under the rules applicable thereon; or (4) Upon a highway designated and signposted for one-way traffic.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.